The Ideas platform provides a method to collect feedback from end users, consumers, and other influencers of a product or service. The goal of ideas is to create a collaboration platform to prioritize requests and highlight delivery of past requests.
You could use this platform in any number of ways; here are a few examples:
- A suggestion box for your company
- Prioritize software feature requests from your end users
- Use customer/partner portals to collect and prioritize product feedback from outside of your company
- Ideas support custom fields.
- Validation rules can take place on the idea or on idea comments.
- Ideas does not have a traditional page layout. The fields layout determines the order in which custom fields are presented under additional information.
- Categories is a standard multi-picklist field. New categories are added on the fields page; categories are disabled through idea settings.
- Idea Communities
- Limit of 1 internal idea community for professional orgs. Max of 50 for EE/UE/DE, can be linked to portals.
- Determine which picklist values are present.
- Determine which portals users can access this particular community (can be all portals or a single portal type).
- Determines the Experts Group.
- Cannot specify which fields are displayed (this is universal). Potential work-arounds include using VF or setting field-level security to hidden on a profile-basis.
- Experts Group
- Additional Notes