Salesforce.com Certification Maintenance Fees Explained [FAQ]

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion surround the maintenance fees for certified professionals.  I was having a hard time understanding the fee schedule myself, so I asked for clarification.  Here’s what I learned:

You will be charged $100 per year per certification track you maintain.  Maintenance fees start one year (or 3 releases) after your first achieved certification within that track.  There are 2 tracks:

Administrator (entails Administrator, Advanced Administrator, and Consultant)

Developer (entails Developer, Advanced Developer)

In short, the maximum amount you will be charged per year is $200 for certification maintenance, although each track may be billed at different periods.

Hope this clarifies for those with any remaining questions.  Cheers,

John

7 Responses so far.

1. BrandyNo Gravatar says:

Thanks for clarifying John. That is very helpful.

2. GeraldineNo Gravatar says:

Stars for you. Thanks, John.

3. PrapurnaNo Gravatar says:

That is very useful information. Thanks for posting it. I have contacted salesforce.com for more information about the certification. I wanted to know what would happen if the certification holder does not choose to take the exams for the future releases. I am interested in taking the administrator exam, but before taking the exam, I would like to know whether the certification becomes void if I don’t make efforts to maintain it.

4. John CoppedgeNo Gravatar says:

Prapurna,

The answer is yes, the certification will become void if you do not take the exams for each release.

Cheers,

John

5. MandyNo Gravatar says:

Hello John,

I have been learning salesforce for quite sometime now and planning to take up the administrator exam within a week or two. The latest winter ’11 release notes has been released. Are they going to include this release in the exam now?
    Do you have any tips to get the most out of these releases from an exam point of view?

Thanks for the site here. It sure helped me.

6. BNNo Gravatar says:

Hi John,
    I’m taking the certified consultant exam on Monday and would appreciate any resources you can point me to. I have the study guide but as you know it does not cover all the topics and quite frankly i have no idea how to prepare for some of the topics that are big for the test: like SFA – Planing, Analysis and Solution design and SFA – About Business Process & the app.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    BN

7. John CoppedgeNo Gravatar says:

Hi BN,

Unfortunately I haven’t really seen any resources for the consultant exam. The best practice guides on the community site are a great place to absorb as much info as possible. Good luck!!!

Cheers,